background





Sunday, August 8, 2010

MTC

We received a letter from Elder Dearing's Mission President, stating, "Elder Dearing has arrived in the England London South Mission and brought with him the remarkable spirit of missionary service. The mission will be blessed with such testimony, talents and goodness and know that his service will help move forward the work of the Lord Jesus Christ."

Elder Dearing has has been assigned to serve in Haywards Heath, Crawley area with an experienced trainer, Elder Max Manhammar. President Shamo has encouraged us to pray for our missionary and he will feel the power of those prayers, Encourage others to do the same. "Call upon the Lord, that his kingdom may go forth upon the earth,"(D&C 65:5) and remember that "the prayers of the faithful shall be heard" (2 Ne. 26:15).

President Shamo stated "do not worry about your son." he also says, "To paraphrase the words of comfort given to Joseph Smith and Sydney Rigdon in relation to their families, "(he is) well, (he is) in mine hands, and I will do with (him) as seemeth me good; for in me there is all power (D&C 100:1)."

I can't tell you what comfort reading this letter gave me. I know the Lord is watching over him, and I have faith that he will serve the Lord well.

No comments:

Post a Comment